Thursday, January 26, 2012

Need to go to sleep

Before I can go to sleep I need to get one more thing out of my head. If you live or drive in Rhode Island I would like to throw out a new device:

The stick that comes out of the left side of your steering wheel is a turn signal. It lets cars behind you know which way you are turning. You can use it. It doesn't make loud sounds, it has a soothing tick. It won't give you an electrical shock either.  I am not going to google what the proper distance is to turn it on to let the ones behind know you are to turn, just use common sense. If there are two lanes  and the car behind would have time to get in the other lane so they aren't stuck behind you...that would be a swell time to use it.  Also my car is four years old and I've never had to pay any money to keep it working. I imagine a spark plug will have to be replaced in the future but those are only a few dollars. Also, I use my turn signal so often and guess what....it has never broken off!
See I not only love my daughter as every parent does, I love every second I can spend with her. Like I actually enjoy it.  Even when she is wild and tired. So when I am on the road on the way to get her every minute counts. I don't want to sit behind someone who couldn't use their turn signal for two minutes until they can get the red light and turn. That is two more minutes I could have gotten hugs or heard about her  day.
I have thought about taking a day off of work standing on the roads that people turn onto (that keep me waiting). I could hold up big signs that state "use your turn signal next time" or "don't be so selfish".  This thought has happened more than once and has been recurring since I've moved to Rhode Island.
There are lots of things I love about Rhode Island. Stay tuned. Not tonight though...I know have a clear head and can go to sleep.

1 comment: