Monday, February 13, 2012

parenting mistake


Lily and I traveled to her PCP's office this afternoon for sick visit. Of course we don't mind waiting in the lobby for our turn (very thankful for being squeezed in) but the loud gum smacking person had my last nerve for about an hour. Finally Lily and I go to see the Doctor and after a diagnosis of another respiratory infection, I left just so frustrated. I just wanted to get in the car and chill out to some music on the way home. Lily had other ideas.

MOM, IF WE TAKE OUR FEET OFF THE EARTH ARE WE IN OUTER SPACE? 
            no, outer space is far away
ARE WE JUST IN SPACE THEN, SINCE WE AREN'T ON EARTH?
            we are in the air, space is what you see in the sky and outer space is stuff farther than that
HOW FAR IS THAT LIKE TWO INCHES OR AS TALL AS ME?
            miles and miles
DOES OUR POOP AND PEE NEED CHEMICALS WHEN IT GOES IN THE TANK IN RHODE ISLAND?
            i'm not sure but i think so.
LIKE WINDEX OR CAR SOAP
           probably like Windex (i thought maybe some sort of vinegar)
BLUE WINDEX?
           i really don't know but we'll ask plumber

At this point I thought I was done for the night.......so wrong.

IF ALIENS COME DOWN ON EARTH, ARE THEY NICE?
             i imagine since we are nice aliens would be nice
IF ALIENS COME DOWN DO THEY COME AT NIGHT OR DAY?
             i am not sure, i haven't run into one
REALLY, THAT IS WEIRD

I have no interest in aliens, if they watch us on earth, captured people or even if we live amongst them. I am not being ignorant. There are only some many things that I let in my head, aliens aren't one that I ever made room for. I am not going to get a book from the library or amazon on this because I believe I'll be added to the national weirdo list. So I am not sure what the correct answer is. Big parenting mistake coming up. Wait for it....

Our discussion continued...

lily do  you think there are aliens?
           OF COURSE!
do you think they are nice?
           MOM, THERE ARE NICE ONES AND BAD ONES AND ONES THAT DON'T BRUSH THEIR TEETH AND ONES THAT TAKE MY STUFFIES. THEY COME ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT AND WATCH PEOPLE ON EARTH. THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE SOME OF US BACK TO THEIR PLANET AND MAKE US SHOW THEM HOW TO USE IPADS AND IPHONES. SO THIS IS WHY I NEED TO BE A TEENAGER NOW SO I CAN GET AN IPHONE AND A WHITE CLEAN CAR AND SHOW THE ALIENS....

she said more...I had to tune her out to not freak out.  At this point I am beginning to learn I can't blame her curious mind on her being sick. I can't blame it on a long day at Kindergarten.  I think I need to embrace it but I am uneducated in the world of outer space, poop chemicals and aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment